Good exp. with dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by racer56, May 31, 2007.

1. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Well we all can't wait to get on the net and trash the dealer when they do something we don't like so I thought I would share a very good experience. Had a aprt go bad(bad luck) called the dealer @ 4:50 or so at night and told him what it was doing. Told me be here first thing in the morning and it will be fixed in an hour. This is with all the rain we have had and he is very busy as well. Brought a 21" with me to have him just take a look at and he fixed that as well. Everything fixed in under 30 min. He is an Exmark dealer and has a 2 year no downtime deal on the new mowers he sells. Worth every cent I paid for the mowers to have service like that. When buying our mowers for this year service was 90% of what we looked at in a mower purchase.
    When you are looking at equipment remember to think ahead for service. This is why I drove past a Hustler, Grasshopper, Snapper, and Ferris dealer. I would have purchased any of these brands from this guy due to his service he provides. Hustler is a bigger deck was over 1k less but said he would try to get to it as fast as he could. Spending 1k more on the Exmark made it the cheapest as well as I only had to have one with the no downtime deal. Something to think about I guess. Support the dealers that support us.

2. robbo521

robbo521 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a great dealer to.on the farm stuff and the lawn stuff.had o take the mower up there when most were off and the guy pulled it in and fixed it and didnt even charge.he was just there to load a dozer and take it to a farm.

3. dgfitz

dgfitz LawnSite Member

I was at my dealer the other day, and they were busy as heck. In walks a
    local LCO with a problem needing fast service, and I purposely let the LCO
    ahead of me because I'm not in a hurry and I'm retail, and the LCO is business.
    I was there to buy a new trimmer, and when my time came up to be waited on, my dealer actually cut a few dollars off the price to me, without of course me
    even asking. Very nice of him, and why he has my business.

4. tallimeca

tallimeca LawnSite Bronze Member

good to hear praises.

Good thing about offering policies like that..........very rarely do you see a new Exmark with problems.

The difference between selling bunton belt drive walk behinds and exmark metros...........the friggen metros don't come back for parts and service!!! How am i supposed to make any damn money!! Haha.

5. racer56

racer56 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kansas

Had a bearing go bad in the blade clutch. Not a mower fault just a bad bearing. It's raining here today and if I get things around here I'm headed down to by something (I surely need something) just to let him know he has my business. All the manufactures should take a note from this. I would have purchased any brand from him with this service. Had nothing to do with the mower itself, well at least not much anyway. When you have service like that you flat need less equipment, that saves me money and space.
    NOw what I need to find is more customers for me that thing this way in terms of good service :cool2: