Good first job?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by kevhov, Nov 13, 2007.

1. kevhov

kevhov LawnSite Member

Just starting and my first possible contract could be a 30 house subdivision for $3600/month. All very small yards (1/8 - 1/4 acre). Mowing, trimming. edging, light pruning, leaf removal, and light bush trimming. Annual planting is their responsibility and no fertilizing or aerating involved. Would you guys take this on for your first job or is it putting too many eggs in one basket. $120/ house isn't too bad I think when it is all year their all together. Should I pursue it?

2. wooley99

wooley99 LawnSite Senior Member

Heck Yeah! You'll still have days for other jobs and think of the gas you'll save on this one.

3. landscaper22

landscaper22 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow..what a way to start out..Best of luck!

4. Two Seasons

Two Seasons LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure you have a good 1 page contract. Sound really good to me too.

Best wishes to you kev---by the way, Stihl blowers are good blowers.

5. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

Jump on it. That is a serious account

6. kevhov

kevhov LawnSite Member

I have a few more details to find out about this one. I'm not 100% sure about the fertilizing, but I still think it is worth it if I have to. I bought a 48" walker and all of the houses have large gates for the backyard. I may need to get a 42" deck for it so it will fit between the gates. But this job would make that purchase worth it. And thanx for the blower feedback, I think I will still go for the stihl. Is it worth it to get the 600 or is the 380 or 420 good enough for leaves?

7. NewHorizon's Land

NewHorizon's Land LawnSite Senior Member

As long as this place wont take you more than a full day jump on it. When you have to make multi trips it gets expensive (gas, time, mileage on truck, etc) Other than that good luck.

Justin