1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good Friday

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 1MajorTom, Apr 4, 2001.

1. 1MajorTom

1MajorTom Senior Moderator

What are your thoughts about working on Good Friday?
    Have you run into any problems or complaints if you do decide to cut on Good Friday?
  2. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

Easter Sunday, Memorial Day Weekend, July 4th, Labor Day Weekend, Thanksgiving, and X-Mas are the only times I would put my foot down about not working.

Mow-N-Go LCO
  3. GreenQuest Lawn

GreenQuest Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I wont be mowing yet but I dont see any problem with good Fri. I will be working.
  4. Freetime

Freetime LawnSite Member

If you don’t mow on Good Friday it will probably be bad Monday from all the phone calls about where you were. “We wanted our lawn to look nice for the weekend”

Then again, if you have only commercial and can finish before Friday then don’t work, cook out on the grill set back watch the stars and save your energy for Monday.
  5. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Only day i dont work is Sunday and major Holidays..Cant make any money sitting around.
  6. Yes we work on Good Friday, but we always tried to observe no work from noon to 3pm. The tradition for many L.C.O's in our area is to have a nice big lunch ( and maybe a few too many drinks) at the Garden Club in South San Francisco. They always make a great meal for us.
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

good comment freetime.
  8. Scraper

Scraper LawnSite Bronze Member

You mowing on Passover? Same difference...job needs to be done. It's not like you're talking Easter Sunday. When I first started I worried about all those religious holidays...no more.
  9. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

We have an ECC (Equally Cut Customer) that means we can't not do work for you because of race, sexual origin, religion etc......

I've got to pay the bills
  10. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

Im on the same page as Kutnkru,the major Holidays are the only ones i take off. Ill be working on Good Friday. Plus after Church on Sunday i have some large banks i have to do because they stay open all day saturday and you can't cut,there are to many cars an people. Marks Mowing Service