1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good full sun fescue?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by mhussey, Jul 31, 2006.

1. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

With reseeding season coming up in a couple of months. What is a good full sun fescue or cool season grass to overseed with? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
  2. upidstay

upidstay LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CT

Dwarf Turf Type Tall Fescue is a good choice. I always had good luck with Lesco's Team Mates or Team Mates Plus. Nice color, nice texture, and a very ruged grass once it's established.
  3. Groomer

Groomer LawnSite Bronze Member

always had good luck with mustang fescue, its been around awhile, but its dark and stands up nicely to be cut.
  4. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

I've used AAA tall-fescue blend for the past four or five years. Have had real good results. Jacklin Seed is the manufacturer. The latest Pocket Seed Guide from Turf South listed it as a top choice for the Raleigh area.:)
  5. newhort

newhort LawnSite Member

I have good luck with the new thermal blue grass by scotts. Slow to start in spring but very heat tolerent and great green color. Haven't seen any brown patch so far. Must fert. each month.
  6. mhussey

mhussey LawnSite Senior Member

This past year I over seeded with Palmer's Pride. However, I was disappointed in the germination rate, and drought tolerance in full sunlight. The results of the Palmer's Pride in shaded areas turned out great. I will keep a note of that seed, and try to find some. A guy on here that goes by Envy also recommended a brand called Winning Colors by Lebanon Turf. Don't know about it's behavior in full sun though. Thanks guys for the help.