good handheld leaf blower

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sir Mow-A-Lot, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Sir Mow-A-Lot

Sir Mow-A-Lot LawnSite Member

Any recommendations? I just want it for blowing off grass clippings from walks/drives. Lightness & comfort are probably the most important qualities i'm looking for.

2. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

STIHL BG 85, It the best, tons of power, never even need the choke to start it. even when its cold. 1st or 2nd pull every time. Highly recommend it.

3. Sir Mow-A-Lot

How much $$$ does it go for?

4. Triple L

Triple L LawnSite Senior Member

I dont know, I thinking something like $330 canadian. But I got the vacume and schreddder kit with it to.

5. Sir Mow-A-Lot

How well does the shredder & vac work? Worth the extra money?

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I got a refurbished weed eater brand from Northern Tool, gave 49 bux for it, It is getting ready for its 4th season of work, and it gets plenty of work removing clippings. I had another LCO tell me about them, like he said, if it gets run over or stolen he wasnt out of much, but it is a tuff little blower

7. Shuter

Shuter LawnSite Bronze Member

I use Stihl handheld blowers for claen-up after mowing.

8. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I used to have one that wouldn't die! I had to "retire" it myself! But, this was 6 yrs ago so they may have changed.

9. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

Echo PB200 is a good handheld blower. I've got one that I mainly use at my house and it aways starts on second pull. No priming. I've got a couple of pieces of Echo commercial equipment and of them all,I like this little blower the best.

10. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Stihl BG85C all the way! Cost me $214 out the door.