Good hat? (Search didn't help)

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by FIRESCOOBY, Jun 25, 2006.

1. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Trying to find a good hat to wear here in the heat. I had been wearing my Georgia Bulldogs hat but it doesn't shade too well and it has gotten NASTY!!!

I'm looking for a hat that has these factors:
    -COOL
    -Lightweight AND light colored
    -blocks sun all around
    -easy to clean

I don't like straw hats (the look) and the way they feel.

One of my local mower places carries some brand of hat that has a brim all around, but is a fabric. The tag says the had has an SPF of 50. Only thing is that they only have light blue and a maroon color.

Just wondering what kind of hat you guys wear and if you like them. Also, where you got them and how much they were.

2. CutInEdge Lawn Care

CutInEdge Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I wear a boonie from the Army-Navy store.

3. hdtvluvr

hdtvluvr LawnSite Senior Member

4. dwlah

dwlah LawnSite Senior Member
    from Argo Al

I wear a straw hat in the heat
    A ballcap in the early spring/late fall
    I find them at the local thrift store/yard sales
    Never paid more than $3 for any of them

5. Audrey

Audrey LawnSite Senior Member
    from Pa.

Surplus desert camo boonie.

A

6. Freddy_Kruger

Freddy_Kruger LawnSite Bronze Member

I wish cowboy hats were in style here that would work much better than my baseball cap.

7. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I wear white Bandanas. I use to wear a baseball hat all the time. But after an hour the hat did not hold the sweat from running down my face. Also it would cause my forhead to get all rashed up from me rubbing on it all the time.
    With the bandana, it holds the water back from running into your eyes more. And if it gets to wet from sweat, use a diff part. Also you can wet them real good with a hose and put them back on, it really cools you down for a bit.

8. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

i always have a ball cap of something on but sometimes in a lot of sun i wear an amish straw hat which blocks a lot of sun

9. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Baseball hat, a bandana, or boonie's can not be beat, cool and they look pretty cool.

10. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois