1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good help hard to keep.....safe

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Schlepie, May 26, 2003.

1. Schlepie

Schlepie LawnSite Member

Waited for my part-time helper to call me with his day's off. Hadn't heard from him so I called both his numbers and left messages. Finally, about 9:30 this evening, got a hold of a "friend of the family". I was told that he was jumping into the river and broke his neck yesterday afternoon. He is scheduled for surgery Tues. or Wed. He can move somewhat and his fiance said he was one step away from a Christopher Reeves.

Good help is always hard to find but when you do find them you can tell the difference when they are absent.

2. mike9497

mike9497 LawnSite Senior Member

i just hired someone who is starting this morning (tuesday).he has worked for another scaper for 2 years but they had a falling out.it was his uncle and i guess him and his uncles son didn't get along.i think ill be baby sitting more than working for the next few weeks. which stinks but oh well im making 60 an hour and hes only making 10.tuff to find good help