1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pjslawncare/landscap, Feb 4, 2003.

1. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody got any good ways to find good help. Ive had the misfortune of only finding lousy workers (drunks, young kids) in the past. I pay $10.00 hr and Im not very hard to work for. Im almost incline to beleive that I will just have to do it all myself and limit work load.
  2. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

Thats what Im doing this year, doing it myself. Ive had workers in the past few years but none seemed too really be what I was looking for. So Im going too give it my best and see how the year goes. Good luck PJ!
  3. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

2 Man Crew, Thank for the info. But unless I pick up an outragus amount of NEW work Im pretty sure Im going solo this year! But thanks for the help anyways, I was just trying to give PJ some advice.
  5. 2 man crew

2 man crew LawnSite Senior Member

6. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn LawnSite Member

Hey pjslawncare/landscapwhats wrong with havin young kid? I mean i understand if theres a legal issue for being under 18, But if its cause u think were to young or dumb ect ect thats bullsh**.
    NOt tryin to start anything just wondering.
  7. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't know if it applies in your area, but have you considered the Hispanic workforce? I have had good luck, my entire crew is from El Salvador, and everyone is here legally. One employee has been with me for 8 seasons. I know it may sound unpatriotic, but I don't even look for American people to work for me. The only Americans that have been good were related to me - my brother and my two cousins. The rest were a disaster.
  8. Patriotic has nothing to do with who you employ.

Hispanic labor has not been soild with american ways.

The industry is needed the hispaics cause those emplyees that are worth having are starting their own lco. Just one of many many reasons to go the hispanic route.

Just make sure they are legal.