1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good idea, or not?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by StBalor, Apr 9, 2006.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

I just finished cutting a lawn today and was looking it over afterwards. Noticed it needed a good raking and flower beds needed working on. So on the invoice near middle left i put.

Yard raking
    Flower beds cleaned and Mulched

I did not leave a price just putting it on there to give the customer something to think about and maybe get me some more work. On my copy i did put the price i would charge and how much mulch i would need. Just incase the customer did call inquiring about it, i could give them a price right away. I came home and changed my excel spreadsheet to now include this recomendation block.
    I mean you could add anything in there, like, dethatching, areation, mulching. well you get the idea.
    But now i am thinking it might come off as a little pushy.
    So do you think this is a good idea, or a bad one?

I have the same thing on mine, and I think it works great. It reminds them of what is needed to be done, and if they dont want it done theys wont tell you to do it. But if they do thats just more money for you. So I don't think it's to pushy.
  3. rfed32

rfed32 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Hatboro

on my invoices i have a comments section where i can leave a comment...
  4. Git-R-Dun

Git-R-Dun LawnSite Member

i think it is a good idea.
  5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

For overall long term or not needed immediatly I can typ it in on the bottom of my invoices. But for the most part on most of my customers, if I see something that needs to be done, I just do it and charge them for it. I tell my cusomers that it is my yard and i let them use it while they are here. BTW, most of my props are second and third homes and not here year round.

Yes it is a good idea!!! :)
  6. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

It's great idea we do that also. If the customer is home and outside we also try to talk to them about issues and how the service is , constructive criticism is always good to rectify any problems that thay may be hesitant to ask. If yo usay something liek (how has everything been?) Is there anything youre unhappy with or we could try to to do better always helps. It makes them feel that you are truly interested in doing a grea job and do have concerns about the quality of you service,
  7. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

This is a good thing and brings more work..If I am called in to do just one thing..and I see lots of other stuff needs doing..I will recommend it verbally and also include my suggestions and recommendations on my final invoice..They usually call me back to do the work or OK it right there when I talk to them.