Good invoice app

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Jan 5, 2014.

1. spitfire3416

spitfire3416 LawnSite Senior Member

no the customer is using online access to electronically send a check. you email them the invoice. they click on a link that takes them to a page to pay their bill, enter their routing number and account number and send. the next day payment is wired straight to your bank. no physical checks to go to the bank with. it's electronic.

2. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

spitfire... you are right -- not the same.

Sorry, ... I don't know anything about this. Maybe it is time to recheck what is available. Lots has changed in the banking world in past couple of years (thanks, Dodd-Frank).

3. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

It's nothing like what you are describing.

It is an all electronic transfer of funds from their bank account to my bank account and it only costs $0.50 per transaction.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

A. W. ... Can you tell us the name of this service, who provides, and the process to initiate? Thanks.

5. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

It's called Intiut Payment Network and it's through Quickbooks.

Read post #13.

6. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

A.W. ... thank you! I remember reading that info in #13, but I guess it did not register in my mind what was happening. No excuse for that.

This looks like a great system. Clearly, this is a new feature of the past couple of years, new since the last time I investigated.

I've read the information on the Intuit site. It says payment can come from another bank account, or credit card. Your post (#13) speaks of credit card, not bank account. Is this a choice of the customer, or do you set that source of payment. The bank account transfer is $0.50 a pop, whereas the credit card payment is 3.25%. Are the fees taken from your bank account (you have supplied all the information for Intuit to make a withdrawal). Monthly, or each transaction?

Do you insist all customers work with the Payment network, or give a choice(some still cut paper checks)? Some of my customers are older folks, and the notion of making a payment online may be out of the question.

Thanks again for the great tip!

7. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

The fees are deducted from the transaction.

I send an invoice for $100, the client pays $100 via credit card and $96.75 gets deposited into my account and $3.25 gets recored in my Quickbooks as a payment for the processing fee…I never get the $3.25…it is taken out before the funds are transferred to my account.

I explain to my clients that this is the payment process I use for their convenience and mine. I try to encourage my clients to setup an account to transfer the money from their account to mine so that the fee is only $0.50 but most still pay be credit card…I think a lot of people still aren't comfortable with the idea of allowing these systems to have direct access to their bank accounts…they feel their accounts are no longer secure…credit card payments provide a level of protection for them.

8. Locqus

Locqus LawnSite Senior Member
    from Detroit

I would recommend Locqus! Free invoicing and field service management as well. Customizable fields for invoicing will be out next month, but we currently have all the ones you listed @4Seasons.