Good landscaping locations...

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Southern Signature, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

Hey i just wanted to see what parts of the country are doing well and what parts of the country are struggling. Down here in Georgia things are only getting worse. Every day i hear different landscape companies laying off workers. The construction industry is also slowing down here. Guys I know making $52,000 to $86,000 a year have just lost there jobs:cry: . Who is doing well and who's not... Let me know... Thanks guys.

2. JoeyD

JoeyD LawnSite Silver Member

I think I am hearing this trend all over. Time to diversify your company and start looking at other avenues of income. Dont abandon your maintenance and landscape construction buisness just add to it. Start doing pavers, pressure washing/driveway cleaning, LIGHTING!!!!!

I can help with the lighting side!

3. Southern Signature

Southern Signature LawnSite Member

O i think you got the right idea there bud, anything to make more money, thats what it's all about, especially when you are struggling

4. americanlawn

americanlawn LawnSite Fanatic
    from midwest

Hi Southern -- heard you guys just got some rain, but only 1/4 inch in the Atlanta area..other parts of GA = up to one inch. Not enough. Drought sure affects the green industry. Our hopes & prayers are with you guys down there. Hope things improve soon. Take care, americanlawn:usflag:

5. B_gerrits

B_gerrits LawnSite Senior Member

I know this post has some age to it but bus here is terrible. Property values are dropping and getting hit with inflation. Low water landscapes using less lawn, more deco rock and bark with low volume irrigation and plants that require less water known as xeriscape is big but everybody is doing it. If xeriscape isn't big in your area yet it could be a great new market for you. A lot of info including pictures on the net, just use a marketing catch phrase something like low water landscape solutions.