1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good machine, great price!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakegastonla, Mar 23, 2002.

1. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Went into the ole reliable Lesco store yesterday, and they have their 48-inch walk behind mowers on a promo special. The belt drive is 2350 with a 15 horse Kawisaki. The hydro is 3695 with a 17 horse kawasaki. Both have 10-gauge decks(tops and skirts) and 7 gauge(!!!) engine decks. I know a lot of people here will grumble at this, but they ARE good reliable mowers. Can't beat the price with a stick.

By the way, my salesman said the sale ends April 27th. He also offered to sell the belt drive for 2250.00. The hydro can be bought for 3500.00. He discounted a little off the advertised sale!:blob3:
  2. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

I paid $2400 for a lesco 48 gear with 15 kawi. The machine is a pieceof crap. Deck won't cut with any blade setup, excessive blowout due to no front baffle, because of the blowout all grass and leaves get stuck in the filter and recoil. I had to change the oil and filter 3 times and only used it 25 hours. I took it out the other day i couldn't even pull it because the amount of crap on it. The decals are all falling off, the breaking system won' work right, the transmission is sticking and my dealer tells me it is normal for pistol grip machines (i have tbars as well). I hate this machine and when i checked the engine it was a 1999 model and i bought it in 2001. Lesco mowers=crap do not buy one, dont be tempted by the low price like i was, go get an exmark with the same deck for $2600 which is on sale as well.
  3. edward hedrick

edward hedrick LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 52 Lesco wb belt bought it 1996. The 52 cuts completely
    different than the 48. One of my friends bought a 48 at the same time. There is a baffle on the Husq 48 will fit 48 Lesco. will solve the blowout problem. The 52 hydro w 19 Kawi & Lesco's sulky
    make a good combo. There stand on is the best only works on a
  4. lakegastonla

If you have had the trouble you claim to, then you should have been eating your dealers azz up!! They should have taken care of you! I live exactly an hour and twenty minutes between two Lesco service centers. (one in Richmond and one in Raliegh) I have two mowers on their third year and have had no trouble at all! Only things are normal wear issues.(brake bands, belts, caster bushings, etc) If these mowers were as bad as you say they are, then I would have never made it without local dealer support this long. (and believe me, my mechanical skills are very limited :) )I believe maybe you got a lemon. They should have taken the mower back and exchanged it out for you. The issue with the cut being bad says that it was something seriously wrong with the machine. I swear, mine cut awesome and stripe well, too. I know several others with the same machine, and they are all getting good service from them. If you are in your warranty period, then you need to raise hell and get the situation corrected. If the store gives you crap, then call customer service at Lesco corporate, they will definately turn it around for you. I am not saying I don't believe you, it just sounds like you got a stuck with a lemon. Don't feel bad, lemons also wear red, orange, and green paint, too. Good luck.
  5. dlandscaping

dlandscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from mass

im under warranty and i bet i have a lemon, but my dealer keeps telling me my problems are normal with pistol grips since i had only used tbars. I have now used the identical exmark machine and i know they are not normal things. I will bring the machine back to dealer for the 3rd time when i dig it out of storage. If i can't get a refund for some of the price or a new machine, i will just sell it and take the loss.
  6. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a used 36" Lesco yesterday for my brother....paid $300.00 for it....it didn't look very old, prolly a couple years, I haven't ran the numbers on it yet....but it needs some work, has a 14.5 Kawasaki which runs strong....needs 3 new tires, the safety mechanisms are gone, so I'll be replacing them, needs new belts, and other misc. stuff...put about another $300.00 in it and this thing should rock...funny thing, I have a 36" Encore, and the Lesco has the same exact setup, engine, tranny, and deck....just a different color...
  7. lakegastonla

Just a suggestion, here, but if the dealer keeps giving you crap, then contact Lesco at their corporate office. They are driven to provide customer satisfaction. They can MAKE your local dealer swap that machine out. It shouldn't be that way, but sometimes it pays to go over someones head to get results if they are dragging their feet. good luck, and keep us posted on the progress. (or lack, therof)

It might not hurt to foreward someone at Lesco corporate a copy of this thread and remind them how many members belong to this community.(thousands!!)