Good Machine?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GreenMachine102, Jul 23, 2003.

1. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

I cut about 20 yards a week, 2 commercial rest residential, one is nearly 3 acres. I use a craftsman 42 inch LT1000, that is really a piece of sh**, and cuts poorly, is a walker good for me, will they handle rough terrain, etc., and don't they have an excellent cut???
  2. Cooper Landscaping

Cooper Landscaping LawnSite Member

From what I've read they do have an excellent quality of cut- but do you need to bag this property? If not I would venture to say it may not be worth paying for something like a Walker which has a specialty of bagging. These machines are really loved during spring and fall cleanups.

3. GreenMachine102

GreenMachine102 LawnSite Member

well, i don't bag them now, but it seems this feature will be useful for leave pick-up in the fall, so is it worth it, if not what do you suggest?
  4. Cooper Landscaping

Well for the most part during the summer you're not going to want to bag unless you have to. While yes during the fall this would shine, the rest of the year you might be lagging behind. One of biggest complaints I've heard from Walkers owners would be the speed of the machine. It sounds to me that you're only looking for the benefit of the bagging during the fall. I would suggest something like the Exmark Lazer or Lazer HP or you want to go ztr not wb and get the ultra vac setup for the fall. Its not limited for fall use as it can be used during the summer but at least me i wouldn't bag unless i had to. Just my $.02

5. Duncan Lawn Care

Duncan Lawn Care LawnSite Member

If you have $10-$15,000 lying around the house, go for it.Walkers are great for just about everything.:blob3: :blob1: :blob4: :blob2:
  6. Cooper Landscaping

Not all of us have that luxury :)

7. GLAN

GLAN Banned

Walker has side discharge decks

The GHS system has an accesory that inserts into the catcher with the door up. We use the Walker without the insert for mulching. Also the Walker has a curb ramp accesory that doubles as a foot rest. Also the walker has a nice rake attachment for the front. Spring, rake out the debris and cut at the same time.
  8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Green machine
    For 3 Acres Get One of these, They Mow faster then 6 MPH.
    Oh And Are less Expensive.

lazer resized.jpg
  9. Matt'slawncare

Matt'slawncare LawnSite Member

If i was you i would go for a Gravely. I have a PM 260Z know and mow the roughest places around and its mows great. Will be getting a new one next year. GO GRAVELY
  10. colonel landscaping

colonel landscaping LawnSite Member

gravley WHO????????????? lol

go with the exmark lazer Z like gamba said its great, i got one and i love it, they handle rought terrain pretty well if u ask me.

my .02$