1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good morning

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Green King TLC, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Green King TLC

Green King TLC LawnSite Member

:waving: i am trying to set up a price sheet for my new company how do you guy charge for,

1) mowing , edging and blowing off driveway and sidewalks $35+
    2) triming bushes ???
    3) pruning trees ???
    4) cleaning leaves and trash???
    5) pulling weeds ???
    6) cleaning gutters ???
    7) aeration and dethatching ???
    8) ferdelizing ???

and anything else i forgot.:usflag:
  2. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

2,3,4,5,6 all depend on your hourly charge and what your area can support. 7 is usually $5-10 per 1k sq ft. 8 is usually based on a summer maintaince package which includes 2-5 visits per year or could be included with #1.
  3. Green King TLC

thanks muscle car i am just try to get some base priceing down to set up a good yearly contract. if i can show then the benefit and discount of going with a yearly contract i can get more contracts.:usflag:
  4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Lots of luck getting 35 a cut on anything but the largest yards. I go through a lot of tire kickers before anybody pays appropriately. Don't' be surprised when most people will only pay 80-90 a month. You may want to think twice about fertilizing. You need to have an ornamental applicators license in Florida unless you are putting straight fertilizer with no herbicide/pesticide. If you do not know anything about fertilizing you could do more harm than good, educate yourself. Good luck:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
  5. Green King TLC

i have seen you around town. i was kind of hopeing someone local would give me some ideas about priceing in this area. is 80-90 just for mow edge and blow? or is that with extras, and do you have problems getting people to do contracts? thanks in advance for any info you can give.:usflag: :usflag:
  6. Green King TLC

also patriot is that based on 36 cuts per year?
  7. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

80 -90 is just mow, trim, edge blow and go. All my accounts are on a month to month basis. First month is always up front to establish some trust. I invoice on the 10th and payment is due by last day of month. That way you never give away more than 1 month of service. The vast majority will not go for a long term contract. That has been ruined by other services (ie. cell phone companies.) Keep it simple you do ABC for $$$ due on XXX. Anything else on quote by job basis. One time jobs get cash in hand before you drop the gate. Get a cheap invoice pad from office depot for those. Better yet try to avoid them altogether. I know you are hungry for work now but be wary. There are just as many crooked customers as LCO's. You do not need fancy software or graphics just a simple invoice design on MS works. The Flyer is a great way to advertise, 65.00 a week and you can target a larger area in upper pinellas. Get some door hangers with your info on them and space to give an estimate for basic service. Spread them around to houses near the one you just serviced. NO it is not too late to pick up customers. The wannabes stop showing up now from the heat, you will hear this often. Soak this info in and let me know if you have any other questions.:usflag: :usflag: :usflag:
  8. Green King TLC

thanks for all the info that is a huge help. i have not started working yet we are going out weekend after next to start putting doorhangers out and see what we get. we plan to put out 1,000 doorhangers what would you guess my return would be? i am going to try for 100 customers by the end of 08' think its possible? thank you very much for all your help:usflag: :usflag: .
  9. Green King TLC

just to be clear you are charging 80-90 a week or a month. the 65 a week is that in advertising cost?
  10. MattsMowing3535

MattsMowing3535 LawnSite Senior Member

That would be per month.