1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good move or bad move ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by southtx, Nov 6, 2006.

1. southtx

southtx LawnSite Member

I met another loc the other day and got to talken about the lawn care business here in san antonio. Well by the end I got alot of information from the man that I will put into use next year. Well the main reason for putting this on lawn site is because he said that he could give some work on my down time which is a plus for me:clapping: . Im thinking that there are some things he offers to clients that I am not ready to offer yet do to me not knowing much about the inns and outs. Let me tell you a little about me I dont like to offer jobs when I dont know 100% about the way things should be done. I told him that I would like to help him out with the jobs he has lined up so I can learn as much as I can. I guess what I want to know is this a smart move on my part or should I just go out and get the jobs and learn as I go and build my business?? I just dont want to waste my time building his and not giving my all on my loc business. What do yall think???
  2. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Learning from the more experinced is a great move! When I get slow, I have a few local lcos who will give me some work to tackle for them. Works out good for everyone, I'm learning a bit and getting paid, There jobs are getting done and they are getting paid as well! JMO