Good Move?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by proenterprises, Apr 2, 2003.

1. proenterprises

proenterprises LawnSite Silver Member

I bought a Stihl Br 420 c Magnum at the end of last July. I am not very happy with it (power and comfort wise) as I gather the rest of the owners on this site are.

Today I am thinking of calling up the dealer and asking me if he would be willing to gove me a credit on a trade toward a echo 650. The stihl has less than 2 hours on it, it was used for a few driveways and 1 hour of leaves. The power sucks and its feels not so nyce on my back.

Is this a good move, how much do you think Mr. Dealer will give me.

I paid 399.00 (hoping he will give me 300.00)

Whats Jo'oppinion :cool: :cool:

2. BobR

BobR LawnSite Senior Member

Ouch - I do not believe that the dealer will even allow 50% of purchase price as trade on a new Echo, might want to reconsider and find out why your backpack is uncomfortable (might be wearing it too high or too low), I will also bet that the Echo is heavier than your Stihl - PB650 is 24.4# dry per the catalog.
    BobR

3. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

i doubt you can get much out of the stihl from the dealer. I would put it up for sale on Ebay. I imagine that you should be able to get very close to new price on Ebay.

4. AVRECON

AVRECON LawnSite Senior Member

Adjust the carb. You'll get the power that you've been missing.

5. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

Im with Mac.

Sell it personally through an autoswaper, newspaper, or on the computer.

Mr Dealer will give you Mr Stick wher Mr Sun dont shine!

6. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Gotta watch now. My PB-650 has only one adjustment on the carb......idle speed. Thats it!

That Stihl should still be OK for everyday blowing grass off driveways, no?