1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good mower and trimmer

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Brando55, Apr 19, 2008.

1. Brando55

Brando55 LawnSite Member

2. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

Dont know much about 4 stroke trimmers other than they are heavier than 2 strokes. Based on what I know about it, stick with Echo, Stihl, Shindaiwa, RedMax for your handhelds.

As for the mower, Honda is a quality mower. But the specs show it is a single speed tranny. Have you tried it out? Make sure its fast enough for you.

Ive always run Toro Prolines but I here alot of guys say they like Honda..especially for bagging.

Hope that helps.
  3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

Take a look at the eXmark Metro 21. It is a great 21" if you have enough cash. I had a ProLine, but needed the money so I returned it for my crappy Recycler Residential.

As far as handhelds go, Echo makes the best equipment for the best price for LCOs starting out. Once you are beating up your Echo equipment, switch to Stihl, it is more durable. I have Echo now but plan on making the switch within 6 months. After than, my Echos are backup units.
  4. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

That Honda mower isn't too bad, I have a higher model, you can't go wrong with a Honda engine, just my 2cents
  5. TomberLawn

TomberLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't get the Honda trimmer. My dad has one of those and I like my Echo much better. A 2-stroke is lighter, quicker revving, easier to maintain, and cheaper to buy.