Good Mulch?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by lowdakboy98, Mar 14, 2006.

1. lowdakboy98

lowdakboy98 LawnSite Member

Anyone know of any places that offer mulch for decent prices in the southeast Michigan area?

2. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey im in IL. i'd check your local landscaping supply center and look around but i was talking to one of my dads friends who i do spring clean up and put in mulch last year for and he said he was looking on the internet and found that they are getting alot of mulch from New Orleans and that alot of it is full of termites so when you go just make sure u ask soembody where they got the mulch from. Just to let ya know :waving:

3. lowdakboy98

thanks for the heads-up

4. jpp

jpp LawnSite Silver Member

5. OutdoorExtras

OutdoorExtras LawnSite Member

Where are you in South East MI?

Angelo's on 8 mile and Middlebelt and their store on Wixom Road both have great prices (But the owner and employees are always so damn grumpy :confused: :waving: ). Also Suburban in Walled Lake. Their prices are not quite as low, but they're great to deal with.

6. lowdakboy98

yeah I already called Angelo's, I just wanted to see how he compared with other prices.

7. chriscraft

chriscraft LawnSite Senior Member

how much is angelos and how much you buying? most of my jobs are under 4 yards each so i just get it locally in chesterfield twp. its less than 10 min from me

8. lowdakboy98

angelo's wants $33/yard and I need 17 yards. I asked if they would give me some kind of a discount for buying in bulk but they said no.

9. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

First off, what kind of mulch are you looking for? 99% of our mulch comes from Canada or northern Michigan except cypress.

10. lowdakboy98

cedar mulch