good news, bad news and more bad news

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mak2, Aug 1, 2006.

1. mak2

mak2 LawnSite Senior Member

Oh happy day. I did what you guys suggested (in hte off topic thread) about my green swimming pool and it worked. It is allmost as clear as a glass of cold spring water. :clapping: bad news, my better wont start,:cry: one click, is that always the battery? So okay, I proceed to my yards that I can use my Z on. It quit about 150 yards away from the street and my truck, not to mention down a very steep hill. At first I tought it was out of fuel (and I still think it was) but I switched to a full tank and it ran for about 5 min and stopped. I came home to regroup, but I am down to my 21" and a John Deere L 100 residential I have had for year. *trucewhiteflag* I might just strart drinking beer.:drinkup:

2. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I think I may have to drink one for you too!! GEEZ! Ive had days...broken belts are a pain....but nothing like that.

By the way...what type of Better do you have?? How old is it? I just took on a Samurai...love the thing.

3. mak2

I bought it the first part of the season, in fact it was about 20 degrees when I picked it up. I love it, I think this is the battery and the hot weather.

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

if its that new...it should only be the battery. Did you call em? They'll work you through it. But beer is good too.

5. mak2

Nope I will email tonight. Actually I have to get the z loaded up before I can drink more than 1. I will try to catch up tommorw, Maybe it will only be 90.

6. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

the formula that i like to follow on days like that is as follows:
    p=number of problems
    d=dollars to repair SUM of problems
    w=high temperature of day in question
    b=number of 12 ounce beers required to ease the pain

(p x d) / w = b

the next home depot calculator is supposed to have this feature built in, otherwise excel is pretty easy to use.

better luck tomorrow friend!!

7. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

Hate days like that and i've had a few. thats why i'm thankful my helper also used to be a heavy equipment mechanic.

And I am stealing this ^^^ hahaha

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

you better be drinking rootbeer:laugh:

9. mak2

Uhoh, changed the battery and still get one click. Any more ideas?

10. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member