Good night followed by a bad afternoon

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by D Felix, Mar 2, 2007.

1. D Felix

D Felix LawnSite Bronze Member

Had a good night last night- shot the best score I've ever shot in my winter archery league, then came home and happened to be able to take care of a varmint problem we've been having...

That changed this afternoon at work though...

I FELL OUT OF THE BACK OF THE TRUCK!! :dizzy: We were offloading some wall block onto another pallet (the little SK won't pick up a full skid!), and when I stepped back, my feet hit nothing until the ground. My chin, however, managed to hit the block I had just moved to the pallet before I hit the ground. This was more than 3 hours ago, and it's still oozing. Also got a good abrasion on my side where I scraped the skid too (anyone want pics of *that*??? :laugh:) .

I managed to land on my feet so nothing too terribly serious happened (my Dad spent the night in the hospital about 3 years ago when he fell out of his work truck and landed on his head), but my jaw is certainly VERY sore.

Everybody- BE CAREFUL!! Especially when you are up in the back of a dump truck with the sides down!

2. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

oooh man i feel for you! i fell out of the side of my dump last year. luckily i was able to prepare for it and just go shoulder first into the ground, they say that is the best way to land if you have and option. more likely to break your collar bone, but better than you arm or wrists. That is always my biggest fear falling off that damn tailgate though. you said it though, be careful climbing in and out of your truck, probable the biggest risk we take everyday and we don't even realize it. my dad knew a trucker who was paralyzed or even killed, can't remember, climbing on his dump.

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Hey man, sorry to hear that. Hope you feel better. I had enough with the splitting pallets thing myself. I finally broke down and bought a larger machine specifically for that reason.

4. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Hope you feel better soon Felix.:)

Congrats on your archery accomplishment.:clapping:

5. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

That's where the tennis footwork would have come in handy! LOL

Seriously, hope all is well.

Chris

6. D Felix

Yeah, but the chicks dig scars. Hard to get any good scars from a tennis court! :D

I should be fine, mostly just soreness in the jaw. Hopefully that will be gone in a day or two.

7. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

Just tell people you got jumped by a gang of Cripps or Bloods and that you fought them off with every piece of your soul. You managed to get away with a mere scrape and a handful of gold rope chains and Timberland boot laces!:weightlifter:

Chris

8. D Felix

Soooo, Chris, how about a deal?? I will NOT post pics of my abraided hip, if you get pics of the inside of your box trailer posted within a week.... Agree? :laugh:

9. GroundScapesIncorporated

GroundScapesIncorporated LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

I would get him to sign something. :)

Chris,

Do yall have snow? Or are you just out of work, cause you have really been full of your self lately. :)

maybe you should try out for a veterans Tennis team to relieve you a little:laugh:

It kinda feels good to have a little joking and sarcasim going on here, Ive been feeling like I was in prison for a while

10. D Felix

If they aren't posted in a week, I'm gonna start off by emailing him pics of my abrasion!! :laugh: If they still aren't posted by the following week, I'm gonna work my way around my backside with the pictures, until he sees something he REALLY DOESN'T want to see!!!!