1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good ole Safe-T-Lawn

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by FIMCO-MEISTER, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Just a reminder for those installed these and those who have never seen. Funny thing was this was in a system that wasn't five years old. (Surely a irrigator (not me) wouldn't have salvaged this and installed?)

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhhh (wipes away a tear) the good old GL series. Did you know they made a version of those that could use coarse-threaded [5/8x18] brass nozzles?
  3. That one will take the champion nozzle I believe.
  4. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Yep. I was not above using a Champion square-pattern nozzle in the GL series. Their 'special' version had a thicker cover, to account for the brass nozzle height, and an adapter piece to connect the two.
  5. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Yes they did. Worked much better than the Safe-T-Lawn nozzles with the nylon adjustment screws. They did make a pretty effective stream spray nozzle design though.
  6. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Putting a decent sprinkler on a cutoff riser is like... taking that muscle car and setting it up on blocks without tires/wheels. :laugh: :nono: