good on line parts company - other than preco

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clydesdale, Sep 6, 2005.

1. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

Preco service has fallen off. I think i may need to switch part guys. Who do you guys recommend for good price and service? Thanks

2. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

My dealer. He deserves to make a living too, right?

3. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Same here he takes care of us exceptionally,so we like adding a bit to his thin margins.

4. rodfather

Bill, I hadn't noticed until just now of your signature line referencing the October 2 Festival (Sunday) at the PNC Arts Center. Yes, it is conveniently located just off the GSP and very close to E. Brunswick as well. It would be my humble pleasure sir to be your guide for the day in our fine state and also, make sure you don't get lost trying to meet and greet one of our favorite LS members as well.

I am at your beckoning and await your call :D

5. LAWNS AND MOWER

LAWNS AND MOWER LawnSite Bronze Member

Thin margin? I can get a belt from www.j-thomas.com for $25, where as my dealer gets $50 for the same belt. I will go to my dealer for those surprise breakdown parts, but for filters, belts, tires, etc........try jthomas.

6. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

Try JThomas for the surprise warranty problems.

Oldtimer

7. rodfather

Why I continue to participate here on LS I dunno why...

8. lawnwizards

lawnwizards LawnSite Silver Member

rod, we'd miss ya if you was to go... by the way, i'm still looking for a ferris dealer around here. gotta give them a try if you say they are that good.

9. clydesdale

clydesdale LawnSite Senior Member

politics, politics..... I just want to know if you have a good on line parts dealer. I like picking up the phone, getting a good deal and having the parts arive at my door. As opposed to hopping in the car, wasting time and money, and getting a crappy price. My dealer seems to make up his own prices. How much for that part? He replies "$10" He doesnt look at a price list doesnt look anything up. How the hell does everything get rounded to a perfect denomination of five. I wanted pull string and was told it was $2.50/ft. I went to ace and got the rubber handle and the 7 feet for $2.89. I need someone other than preco. I will try thomas. Thanks

10. 6'7 330

6'7 330 LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah…you know those thin margins on those z-turns and walk behinds when we get such a good deal. All the times he throws a hand full of spark plugs for nothing, tons of little things he doesn’t charge me for.

I guess it don’t make sense doing business with my dealer; he only gets me a machine back from repairs and back roaming the turf in day, no more then two.And on the rare times parts are out of stock, he gives us a loaner. I can see where it would really pay me, to buy my parts online.