1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good online website builder?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Slimreynolds, Feb 8, 2014.

1. Slimreynolds

Slimreynolds LawnSite Member

Has anyone used an online website builder to build and host your website? I'm looking at a few that I might be interested in. I want to build my own website and save the $1500 it would cost me to have a pro do it and another $200 a year to used his server. Any good sites?

2. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

Godaddy is what we have used. It's template driven
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Squarespace is by far the best. Check out my site rossnwwatergardens.com

4. Slimreynolds

Slimreynolds LawnSite Member

looks pretty good...what are the fees associated with squarespace?

5. Woody82986

Woody82986 LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

I use yahoo small business for my websites. You can tack on different services to compliment the site but the base fee is exceptionally reasonable. Just google yahoo small business and check it out while you are looking at other options.

6. Ben Bowen

Ben Bowen LawnSite Bronze Member
    from PNW

Squarespace is $25-$35 per month, depending on how you do it. It is easy to use, support is fast and fantastic. The sites are very solid technically, support blogging, integrate social media, support Authorship, automatically markup articles... Even if you don't utilize all of this you will benefit from a builder that helps your SEO- most hinder it.

Anyone using another builder for a site that ranks well in a major market?

7. wvbrian

wvbrian LawnSite Member

Second for Squarespace. I have used others like hostgator and godaddy in the past. I like the ease of use and the crisp look of the squarespace template so much better. Price is reasonable, plus they make your site mobile friendly for free. Most other companies charge extra for this. My site is www.greenhort.com if you want to check it out for reference.

8. tannerbug

tannerbug LawnSite Member

I can tell you to stay away from Vista print. It was a total nightmare. I changed to go daddy and had far better luck. That's the only 2 I had experience with. Best of luck
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Keegan

Keegan LawnSite Senior Member
    from CT

I use Webstarts and have been very pleased with their quality they offer and it's ease of use.

10. JaysLawnServices

JaysLawnServices LawnSite Member

Got my domain at GoDaddy, have a local company host my site, and I use WordPress, with a non-blog driven template.

Link is below.