1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good or bad idea on flyers

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ftw_lawncareguy, Sep 17, 2005.

1. ftw_lawncareguy

ftw_lawncareguy LawnSite Member

ok i have about 42 accounts small residential well i was thinkin about adding to my flyers __4mows and the 5 one free? or should it be half price? want a flyer were i can hook em fast any help will be appreciated thx
  2. ftw_lawncareguy

ftw_lawncareguy LawnSite Member

thanks for the dam help
  3. ajlandscaping

ajlandscaping LawnSite Member

if you do that add to your price per month/cut so that in the 5th cut is still being paid for only the customer doesn't now that and think he is getting it for free.

otherwise i don't think it would be a good idea to give a free cut away because then at the end of the season you could have missed out on about 2 month of money due to free cuts
  4. qualitylandscaping

qualitylandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

We are advertising free mowing for the rest of this season (Sept 15-Oct 31) with a 2006 mowing contract with 100% down.

In reality, they are paying upfront for 30 cuts, instead of 28. And the weekly rate is increased to make up for the other extra "free" cuts..

So they are actually paying for service every week, they just don't know it...

Seems to be working great for us so far. Have added 30+ new mowing customers for the rest of this season and for next season in the last four weeks! :)
  5. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I was about to reply until I read this post.
  6. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi ftw_lawncareguy,

Sometimes we see on here something similar to what you suggested only the 5th mow free is done once. Not every 5th time.

<table width=100%>
    <tr bgcolor="#C0C0C0"><td align=left><a HREF="http://www.gophersoftware.com/?ref=1">Download and try Gopher Free for 30 days.</a><BR>See if we can help you.</td><TD align="center"></td><td>[​IMG]</td></tr></table>
    <center>Free Web Templates.Make your own logo Free.</center>
  7. Petr51488

Petr51488 LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Relax Killer...
  8. dmc456

dmc456 LawnSite Senior Member

I have personally tried almost every option in getting new customers. I have even done first 4 cuts free when you sign up for 1 yr and 2 more with a referral in ONE subdivision to see what happens. Well, I got 3 new customers. 2 were a PITA, and 1 I kept.

The best is your own high quality work on a nicely designed post card. I get mine for $0.02 each and deliver them in the junk boxes in select neighborhoods. In estates ($1M+ homes) I use direct mail.

Don't ever give things away or negotiate with a customer. That only opens you up for crappy customers. If they want it for less, show them the difference and be done. If they want quality work, they will pay and pay on time which is nice.