Good or bad idea to get in the business

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by mwalz, Apr 30, 2014.

1. CreativeLawncareSolutions

CreativeLawncareSolutions LawnSite Silver Member

What jobs? Where are these jobs?

The college bubble is going to burst soon and it's not going to be pretty. Graduates now have debt totaling over 1 trillion dollars. That's more than the national credit card debt or car loan debt. Over half of college graduates are working in a job that doesn't require a college degree.

Also, lets not forget....college loans do not require collateral. The government just hands you the money. What happens when these loans don't get paid (and they aren't getting paid)? These kids are now slaves to the government. It's going to blow up soon. Hold on to your butts.

2. 205mx

205mx LawnSite Silver Member

Lol and you're really lighting the world on fire aren't you?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I can't figure out how to answer his post :laughing:
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. CreativeLawncareSolutions

You're juvenile. I do exactly what I want; when I want. I'm beholden to no one or no thing.

I'm also clearly smarter than you folk. The responses regarding college in this thread are frightening.

5. Tn Turf

Tn Turf LawnSite Senior Member

You're 16, do whatever your heart desires. You control your own destiny, man. Just go out there and be better, more creative and learn your way. If you have passion and desire, you can do anything.

6. 205mx

You're genius is blinding! LOL guess you figured out cutting grass is the smartest thing a guy can do. Look, we don't make a lot of money- but enough to pay myself more than most college grads my age. But all said and done, we all know you're full of it. You're a joke on here. I get private messages laughing at you all the time. I feel so bad for you I typically don't respond.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. CreativeLawncareSolutions

Haha. Laughing at me because I called them a low baller most likely.

I'm not a joke. I'm mature. I do exactly what I want and am completely satisfied. I don't brag or boast. I just go about my business and try and help some people along the way on here. It really isn't rocket science, though.

And, yes, college is a scam. Yes, the bubble is going to burst soon. Yes, it will be devastating. I'd encourage you to educate yourself, but you're too far gone to care.

8. 205mx

Oh god not this again
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. mwalz

mwalz LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok guys, just calm down a bit, I didn't mean to start an argument about college, I just wanted to know if GOING TO COLLEGE for this field is worth it, i don't want to hear again from creative how he thinks it's a scam, it's his opinion, I respect his opinion, doesn't mean I have to agree with it.