Good Or Bad? Need help QUICK!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Apr 21, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a chance to trade my snapper 48"hydro 96' for
    a 32" AND 36" lesco Belt that are approx 2 years old. They mostly were backup mowers.

Do any of you think this is a good deal.

What are the pros and con's of this?

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I don't think it sounds like that great of a deal. What kind of shape is your Snapper in? Did you take good care of it? You are losing good hydro power to gain 20 more inches of cutying power on machines that may very well not have the groundspeed or cutting ability that you have currently. I don't know much about those Snappers, but I HAVE heard that they put out a surprisingly nice cut.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Hey Runner, he and I talk on the phone alot. He has really tiny yards that his Snapper really doesn't fit on but a 32/36 probably would. He has 2 21" mowers that he uses on like 95% of his yards. I'm stuck on this one. I kinda lean toward the two Lesco's due to his situation. I don't know honestly. Hey Chris see if you can trade him the snowblower and a 21 for just the 32"?

4. GraZZmaZter

GraZZmaZter LawnSite Senior Member

I ran snappers (riders) years ago, and i like the machines. Reliable, and nice cut. Just didnt think they compete with eXmark, thats why i switched.

On the other hand, ive heard from a few people that lescos are junk. I drove one before also, and didnt like the setup.

You would be more versatile with 2 mowers, but can they even hold a feather to your snapper?

Just my .02
    Good Luck!

5. lawncare3

Here is the snapper:

mowerr.jpg

6. William Camp

William Camp LawnSite Member

I have a 52" lesco with a 15hp kolher puts down nice stripes dosea good job

Fourstar Lawnscaping
    2003 scag tiger cub 48"
    1998 Lesco 52"
    1990 scag 3 wheeler 48"
    1990 gravely pro 50
    and lots of stihl

7. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The newer Lesco's DO do a nicer job, but I was thinking he just wouldn't gain that much more productivity. However, if the case just happens to be as BHB describes, (which is rather unusual), then maybe it IS more feasible for him to use the two smaller machines, - especially if he is usind pushmowers on many of them as it is. With yards this small, if they are short rows, maybe he doesn't need that kind of groundspeed anyway. I guess he'd know better than anyone for his cae. I wish I could be of more help...:(

8. lawncare3

Deal went bad he didn't understand me that well.

Thank you everyone for your replys. :)