Good Price for 2005 60" Super Z?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by wkasak, Feb 7, 2007.

1. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

Guys, I have an offer in to buy a 2005 Super Z with 64 hours of light residental use, 60" XR-7 deck, 25hp Kawasaki. Seller has agreed to $6500. Is that a good price? Can you really cut grass with this at 15mph? I will be using it to replace my Fastrak 52"/20hp machine for personal residental use.

Thanks in advance...

2. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Didn't the XR7 deck start in '06? The price sounds ok to me. As for 15 mph cutting - I don't with mine.

3. nmez21

nmez21 LawnSite Senior Member

That's an excellent price. And yes, in the right conditions (about 25-30% of my usual schedule) you can EASILY mow at 15 mph, although it isn't rated by the mfg. to do that in their literature. Will you have an opportunity to demo it? I think you'll like it, I sure do.

4. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

Hummm...Did the XR-7 deck not come out till 2006? The guy said it was an XR-7 deck, but it has no markings/stickers on the deck. How do I tell if it is truely an XR-7?

5. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

The XR-7 deck became the standard deck on the Hustler Z / Super Z in 2006.
    Depending on when it was built it could of been a old style deck, by spring they were all XR-7.

6. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

It would have a big XR-7 sticker on it.
    Also they have rubber discharge chutes.
    If you can get me a model / serial # I can confirm exactly what you are looking at.

7. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

I sent you some pictures to your email address to verify if it is a XR-7 deck or not...thank you.

8. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Got it and replied back.

9. wkasak

wkasak LawnSite Member

So...mowerconsultant has verified that it does not have an XR-7 deck...I still need to get the model/serial number for 100% proof, but he looked at pictures that I sent him.

Is it still a good deal with the standard 2005 deck? I need some feedback ASAP since I am going to look at it Sunday morning.

Thanks.

10. JW Lawn

JW Lawn LawnSite Member

I just picked up a 60 Super Z 27hp LC Kawasaki, with less than 300 hours on it for 3500....Great shape...but thats kinda a GREAT DEAL..:cool2: :cool2: