good price for 6x12 enclosed trailer?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RedWingsDet, May 19, 2004.

1. RedWingsDet

RedWingsDet LawnSite Gold Member
    from Detroit

is 1800 for a 6x12enclosed trailer, one axel, lighting inside, a good price?

2. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

In Va I have been looking and the best price I found was 1999, most are 2100-2300 here

3. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well see, the one im looking at is 2300, but i know someone who can get one for me for $150 over cost. so im trying to get a feel for how much that would be. the only hard part is contacting him :-/

4. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

well now that i have added a 36in mower to the list today. i will be buying a enclosed trailer this/next week :)

5. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

thats what i got mine for

6. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

A enclosed trailer is always a good purchase for a contactor,but is the size your looking at tall enough I know that a lot of 6x12 don't have a lot of head room. and yes it sounds like a good deal in IL. that price would probably get you a 5x8. If you buy a enclosed I would advise spending a little extra and have someone letter it that will grab peoples attention.

7. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

i was planning on having it lettered ;)

8. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

You currently have a 5x10 trailer according to your sig line.

I suggest you go bigger that 6x12 if you're looking to replace it.

I ended up buying 4 trailers my first 2 years in business because I was scared to make the big jump.

I now have a 8x20 enclosed that is slam full when I carry everything I have.

My 8x20 can carry a Toro 52" Z, a Toro 62" Z, a 48" Walker, 2 Toro push mowers and all the string trimmers stick edgers blowers shovels rakes spreaders I can use in a day.

The really nice thing about enclosed trailers is they are rolling billboards.

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70781

9. RedWingsDet

from Detroit

thats an AWSOME set up you have. perhaps i should get a 7x14 or 7x16? if i want a 8x20 its 4 grand, and i dont really have the money to spend on that big of a trailer, because if i want a big trailer like that i will need a bigger truck, and im not planning on buying a bigger truck until october. but hopefully ill get one sooner, who knows. but for right now a 8x20 would be over kill for my set up. but i do plan on getting a Z. so perhaps a 7x16 would be a good size to get.

10. turftammer

turftammer LawnSite Member

if you go bigger I would suggest 16' beccause if the day comes you have 2 ztr's it's a tight fit with all the other equipment. If you guys can buy a 6x12 for $1800 or a 8x20 for $4000 sounds like I need to take a road trip,I could make some loot at those prices in IL