Good price for a paver tumbler?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by DVS Hardscaper, Mar 12, 2007.

1. DVS Hardscaper

DVS Hardscaper LawnSite Fanatic

Whats a good price for a used paver tumbler??

I'm thinking of tumbeling pavers ourselves, this way we can save some dinero.

People roll their own smokes, so I wanna do my own paver tumbeling :laugh:

2. PatriotLandscape

PatriotLandscape LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MA

The amount you would save would quickly be lost in the handling of the pavers.

You would also lose a fair amount of pavers that break during the tumbling process.

3. cgland

cgland LawnSite Bronze Member

I assume DVS is kidding. Only because he knows that most pavers (besides the pre-tumbled) do not have the color blend or density throughout the paver. The pigment and strength lie in the top 1/2" or so. It's called durafacing or similar. So, you would get a very ugly and mostly unuseable paver if you decide to tumble it yourself.

Chris

4. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

DVS, we've thought the same way but wanted to stay competitive as well. After extensive brainstorming we decided to install some old dryers in the shop and find that a good 90 minute cycle with heat does a great job. We have found also that if you through a uniform or two in with the load, it not only gets them clean but you also will cut down on the amount of chipping of pavers.

Hope this helped you out, and good luck!

5. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't forget the fabric softner so your employees hands stay nice and soft.

6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo LawnSite Platinum Member

Just like the good old days with the stone and acid wash jeans.
    Paver wash ....coming to a store near you.

7. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Bust open the pallets with your loader. Dump them into your truck, then dump them onto the ground. Scoop them up with the loader and dump them into a pile. hand pick them when you are ready to lay them, and you'll have some tumbled stone. Hehhh.