1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good price for a toro??????///

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by thelostbubba, Feb 21, 2005.

1. thelostbubba

thelostbubba LawnSite Member

My local dealer quoted me a price of $ 3500 bucks for a w/b 36 inch floating deck mower. It also had t grips. Is this a good pricel or should i look else where? I am also looking at a exmark w/b. Would it be better to pay a little more for the exmark or stay with the toro?
  2. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Just got a new Toro T-bar, 36" Belt drive, fixed deck, 13HP for $2300. Is this unit your looking at hydro, what size engine?
  3. thelostbubba

thelostbubba LawnSite Member

15 hp kohr floating deck belt drive
  4. marko

marko LawnSite Senior Member

Seems high to me. I did not look at floating decks though.
  5. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

Seems high to me as well.
  6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

$3500 is too high. Look at some other dealers and try to find a lower price.
  7. cajunboy

cajunboy LawnSite Member

Just bought tore 36in walkbehind belt drive fixed deck for 2289.00 I also bought the toro sulky. Big mistake. very expensive 499.99 and everytime I give it gas the front wheels come off the ground and I only weight 185 lbs. I cant keep the front wheels on the ground. so 3500.00 is way to high
  8. z_clark

z_clark LawnSite Senior Member

Don't know where you are located in TX, but I got one last year at the store in Collyville TX for 3100 out the door with the mulch kit installed. Same exact machine.

Looking back, and my next machine will probably be a 36" hydro floater. I do like this unit lots though! Let me know if you have any specific questions about it, as I have run it for a year.
  9. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

Last year I purchased in January a 36" hydro fixed deck with mulch kit for 3600 15hp kawi.
    I think it is way to high for a gear driven.
  10. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

too high bro'... shop them and you should save some $$$$$$$$$$$$