Good price for a used Walker?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gardenpro, Feb 1, 2003.

1. gardenpro

gardenpro LawnSite Member
    from -

It's MT, 20HP, 9.5 bushel with auto dumping. It has 42"deck. It has 450 hours on it, which isn't bad but it is fairly scratched up.
    I have been told it has been well maintained by the owner, so it's hard to say.
    Thanks.
    Oh I can convert US funds myself if needed!

2. gardenpro

from -

Anyone?

3. Mowing Freak

Mowing Freak LawnSite Senior Member
    from S.E. Ks

I would price a new one with all the options this one has on it first. If a new one is $9000 and he wants $7500, then for $1500 more you can get a new one that you will know how its been treated. I would not pay over 1/2 to 2/3 the price of a new mower for a used one. Hope this helps!

4. gardenpro

from -

Thanks MF, I offered him just over 50% a few days back. He was asking about 10% off original. So what I did is hopefully fair.

5. Mowing Freak

from S.E. Ks

10% off??? Is he nuts? Hope he takes your 50% because if he sticks with the 10% he's going to have it for a long time. I think you would do better getting a new one if he won't budge on price. If he wants to sell pretty bad, hopefully he won't call you the day after you get one somewhere else and want to sell you his =) Good luck!!

6. gardenpro

from -

My luck is he'll wait till I have a new one, then call LOL! I gave him a reasonable offer, hopefully I'll be riding a Walker in the near future.

7. Mowing Freak

from S.E. Ks

You still have a little time before mowing season starts so maybe he'll come around. Stick with your offer! If you have the funds, I would go with a new one too!

8. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I saved $1500 on my Walker, but it only had 9hrs on it and got a full warranty with it.

MATT