good price for Exmark metro?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by shm, Aug 18, 2003.

1. shm

shm LawnSite Member

exmark Metro 36inch deck ECS 13hp kawa $2600?
    48 inch $2800?

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Those prices seem a little high to me...even with the ECS. I could be wrong, but I would try to get about 200 - 300 less than those prices.

3. shm

shm LawnSite Member

all Kawa engines ( as suggested by the dealer)
    the dealer also suggested sticking with the pistol grip instead of the ecs system....saying that it will be easier to manuever since it is a gear driven mower and not a hydro...any other opinions on that?

these are the prices i was quoted
    32inch $2200
    36 $2500
    48 $2700

the ecs would add $100

he also suggested not getting the mulch kit and just using the side discharge...i didn't want to spend more than 2200...but that 48 inch is very tempting.....

4. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

That salesman doesn't know what he's talking about...there is NO WAY a belt driven mower is more maneuverable than a hydro...I've yet to meet a salesman who has any experience other than what it takes to sell the equipment...I also think the price is a little high...here in N.Fla., 36" ECS 13 kawasaki is almost $2300..belt driven...as for the 48", if you don't have a walk-behind just yet, go with the 36"...it's an excellent mower size to start out with, when you land bigger accounts and bring in more money, buy a 52"...also, kinda hard to get that 48" through a 38" gate...hope this helps ya...:cool:

5. shm

shm LawnSite Member

sorry - you miss understood my post...the salesman said that of course a hyro was much easier to manuever and that the ecs works great on a hydro.....his opinion was that it didn't help that much more with a gear driven mower...which is the model i was looking at....he thought it was easier to move with a pistol than ecs on the gear drien mower....as for the price...i'd love for the price to be around 2300 for the 36inch deck but every dealer i have spoken with all are around 2500 for the pistol and 2600 with the ecs...lowest was 2400 with pistol....

thanks for the feedback

6. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Prices are a bit high. 36" should be around $2200 or lower. 48" for around $2500 or $2600.

7. grassdaddy

grassdaddy LawnSite Senior Member

I'd spend a little more for a 48 with about 19hp and ecs.If your even thinkin of mulchin,get some extra ponies..

8. bastalker

bastalker LawnSite Senior Member

Spent $2300 last year for a 48" metro brand new...If the price is any higher, pass it up....

9. shm

shm LawnSite Member

can i ask you what dealer you got it from...everywhere I have looked it has been way higher than 2300......the prices i was quoted were
    36inch 13 HP Kawa 2500 pistol.... 2600 ECS
    48inch 15 HP Kawa 2700 p............2800 ECS

let me know where you bought it in CT...as I live here too...maybe it's a Fairfield county thing...or have the prices really gone up that much?