Good Price for JD F735????????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yz250fpilot, Sep 14, 2003.

1. yz250fpilot

yz250fpilot LawnSite Member

I recently bumped into a John Deere F735 diesel 60" mower. It is in immaculate shape with 389 hours on it. The family that owns it used it to mow their very nice 1 acre bermuda lawn, and that is it. The lawn care is not being done by the homeowner anymore, and they want to get rid of it. The lady does not have any idea what it is worth, and neither do I. I did not get the year of the mower, but I assume it is approximately 5 years old. It has been garage kept, and looks fantastic. Does anyone have a clue what a good offer for this mower would be?

Thanks,
    Steve

2. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

Only way I can think of would be to go to deere.com and use their MachineFinder (used equipment) link. You can find it by going to the Ground maintenance page and the link is on a drop-down menu. It will take you a website where you can choose the type of equipment you are interested in and it will tell you of availabilities and prices. Hope it helps.

3. ECHOTURF

ECHOTURF LawnSite Member
    from usa

Steve,

I have a F735 with over 1100 hours on it and still running strong! I had to have an update done to the cooling fan bolts and replaced the water pump seal and some belts every 500 to 700 hours. I also ad injector cleaner and conditioner once and awhile.

With it being 5 years old and 400 hours on it, I would offer $5000 - $7000 depending on condition. The last new F735's with the v-twin in them were going for around 11,800 - 12,500 up here in WI.
    It's been almost a month since your post but maybe this can help others too.

Good luck!