Good price for this Scag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Above Par Lawns, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I will be buying my first commercial mower here in the next couple weeks. I came across this 32" Scag web listed at $2700. It has 75 miles on it and comes with the grass catcher. I've heard to stay away from belt driven mowers but for my first one will it be okay? I'm a one man crew that would use this on around 20 lawns a week and for leaf clean ups in the Fall. Is $2700 a fair price? Thanks

image.jpg

2. Above Par Lawns

Another pic

image.jpg

3. Above Par Lawns

Last picture.

image.jpg

4. Above Par Lawns

Whoops, a few typos there. I meant 32" wb with 75 hours

5. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Have same setup but a 36. I love it belt drives aren't terrible some people love some hate. Much cheaper to fix. Offer 22 and go from there. I love mine.

6. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If your lawns are small go with 32" the price needs to negotiated $2200 is a fair price to start:waving:

7. SRT8

SRT8 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from CA

I bought the same mower in a 36" for $500 , keep hunting on craigslist. I also bought a 36" hydro for $2k. Both Scags.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i've heard the same thing about belt drives, and was always reluctant to buy one. but i got my first belt drive this year, and i dont' see how its that bad. however, i can't compare it to a dual hydro, because i never ran one of those, so i would guess that would change my mind. however, not as hard to run as i thought. I had a single hydro at one point, and i still like my belt drive better. that scag looks like a good newer machine. i bought my used belt drive (exmark metro hp) and it must have had a crap ton of hours on it, we got it running but i'd never buy anything that old again. :laugh:

definetly try to talk him down some.

9. Above Par Lawns

Lowest he'll go is $2500. I'm on the way to talk to my banker now.

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Too much.
    Posted via Mobile Device