1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good price for this Scag?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Above Par Lawns, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

For a 2010 with 75 hours?
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Too much for any beltdrive wb. You will quickly put grow it and discover the hydro world. The problem is you won't get anywhere near that much on resale. They really don't wear out parts and the market always has tons for less than a grand.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Too much!

You can get a 36" hydro with similar/less hours for less money than that. The catcher on it is a good one but I would give no more than 200 extra for it.

I would say a fair price for that mower/catcher is $2200 max. If he wont come down to that, keep looking. Walk behinds are very common on ebay and CL.
  4. inzane

inzane LawnSite Silver Member

i'd pass as well.. seems like way to much for used.

5. PetesLandscape&Supply

PetesLandscape&Supply LawnSite Member

TMM for a belt drive !
  6. dstifel

dstifel LawnSite Senior Member

Agree to much I got my 36 for 600.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. dathorpe

dathorpe LawnSite Senior Member

I paid $2400.00 for a 2011 Exmark Metro 48" with ECS handles, 40ish hours, and looking brand new. It came with the original receipt for $3700.00 and I still felt like I was paying too much.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  8. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

Just to give you an idea I have seen brand new 32-36" wb belt drive for $3000. I wouldnt pay more than $2000 for this mower. It does appear to be in great shape though!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. Above Par Lawns

Above Par Lawns LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks guys, good stuff. After talking to my father in law i think I'm gonna pass on the Scag. His buddy has a Wright stander he said he'll give me a good deal on. I'm gonna go check it out tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

See, you already outgrew it. Shiny paints dulls quick. Then your left with a tool you don't like to use and can't get your money out of. Most belt drives are for backup and gate use.
    Now the stander. Having had them for many years I will weigh in. They are still THE standard all standers try to be. They will go 4000 plus hours with regular care. They are heavy duty and meant for work.
    Posted via Mobile Device