GOOD price on accounts and equipment???

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by N.H.BOY, Jun 15, 2009.

1. N.H.BOY

N.H.BOY LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a local guy that says he wants out. He has 14 accounts total per week on lawns is $475 bucks. Enclosed trailer with 06 exmark naviogator, w/b exmark 48 hydro (Vikye I think) two trimmers and two blowers and hand tools. Very nice guy does not have time to handle them, He's on two fire departments and very busy. His asking price is $18,000 dollars. Too much, not enough accounts for the price? Any thoughts?? Thanks:waving: I can handle these accounts for sure on my route now.

2. tradeyouraccounts

tradeyouraccounts Banned

Work out what the equipment is worth alone and then see how many x the weekly service he is asking for the accounts.

3. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

You only pay for equipment. These accounts,.... maybe friends,family, buddy's, and at a average $33 a stop, site unseen I for one can not mow for $33 based on what has been said (14 accounts total per week on lawns is $475 bucks) You raise the price their gone, you take over their gone, their is no guarantee their continue service with you. what is "YOUR" gut feeling

4. Green Team Landscaping

Green Team Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

It sems like good deal. Big Bill has a good point though. You should base it off of equipment prices.

If you want to get rid of any of that equip for a good price let me know

5. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

sounds too good to be true

6. Ground Effects NH

Ground Effects NH LawnSite Senior Member

Any updates ? :waving: