Good price on Exmark?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FATWEASEL, Feb 10, 2007.

1. FATWEASEL

FATWEASEL LawnSite Senior Member
    from NC

Looking at a new Turf Tracer HP, 19hp kaw, 48 inch deck for $4999. I was told it is a 2006 model from my local dealer. NO sulky.

I'm not familiar with the different model lines of Exmark but from what I can tell the main differences between the Turf Tracer HP and the regular Turf Tracer are:

1. A different deck than the regular TT
    2. Mechanical blade engagement.
    3. Smaller tires.
    4. Smaller engine choices.

Anything there to make me look for a different model???

2. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

The price would make me look for a different model. 5 grand for a walk behind is a bit steep.

3. GreenN'Clean

GreenN'Clean LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you looked around at other brands of machine or are you set on an exmark machine?

4. FATWEASEL

from NC

Not set on anything except that it be a hydro unit, around a 48" deck and at least 17 hp.

This Exmark is a floating deck as well with the 19 hp Kai Kawasaki. You said that seems high but most any good machine I've found with those specs are $4600-5600.

Ideally, I'd like to end up with a Scag, Exmark, Toro, or Wright Stander.

5. FATWEASEL

from NC

I also found a 2006 17 hp kai / 48 inch SWZ fixed deck Scag for $4900.

When checking up on the Exmark, the model # I was given seems to only match the 2005, NOT the 2006. Don't know what to think about that and the price.

Anybody know of changes on the TT HP between 2005 and 2006?

6. jlouki01

jlouki01 LawnSite Senior Member

The HP stops @ a 48" deck I think. The regular turf tracer only comes in 52/60" cut and comes in pieces. The dealer has to assemble them. Not sure why they do that. Brickman buys all regular Turf Tracers with 60" decks.

There is a 48" HP at my dealer and I think it's in the high 4's. You will very happy with that machine.

I have a few of the 60" Turf tracers and they are good stuff.

7. lazer 46

lazer 46 LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at a new Turf Tracer HP, 19hp kaw, 48 inch deck for $4999. I was told it is a 2006 model from my local dealer. NO sulky.

Not only is that a great mower. I think that is a great price.

8. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

I was quoted 5199 from my dealer for that mower last year, so it sounds right on.

9. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Price sounds a bit high. Last season, a local dealer had a 52" 17hp tthp for $5,000 with an Exmark stand-on. I would keep looking! JMO

10. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

The 17 52 is a underpowered mower thats hard to sell when you can get a 19 for it. The stand-on was free last year when you bought the TTHP.