1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good price on Hustler Mini Z??

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Cut-Rite2, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Cut-Rite2

Cut-Rite2 LawnSite Member

I was using a John Deere L120 lawn tractor to do my mowing up until last Wednesday. The mower deck got badly damaged from an idler pulley losing a bearing and cutting off the top of the spindle. While I was out of action Thursday and Friday, I decided to look into a commerical mower. I found a dealer for Exmark and Hustler, looked at the Hustler Mini Z with 52" Deck, 23 HP Kawasaki engine and loved it. I paid $5995 for it, financed at 3.9% interest for 3 years and I'm wondering if this was a good deal. Anyone recently purchased that model, and how do you like it....how much did you pay? By the way, I wish I had gotten it 3 months ago when I started....what a world of difference. The thing runs like a raped ape, turns on a dime, and you can steer it with your fingertips. The difference between the "Z" and the John Deere is like the difference between a new Lincoln and a WWII Tank. What a machine! In addition, it's almost fun cutting lawns with it.
  2. kc2006

kc2006 LawnSite Silver Member

Sounds like a pretty good price. I looked in the hustler forum and I think the msrp is 8099 or something like that.

What are the payments on it, if you don't mind me asking? And how about some pics :D
  3. DLS1

DLS1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Sounds like a good price. I think I paid around $6200 2 years ago for my Super Mini Z. Dealers knock off 15 - 20% off MSRP.
  4. Cut-Rite2

Retail on the Mini Z is $8099. Hustler is having specials on all their stuff for the summer. Payments for 36 months at 3.9% interest (you need good credit for this rate) are $193 per month. This includes 0 down, sales tax and a retractable mulch gate for the discharge chute. The total came to around $6500 plus interest. I will post a pic as soon as I can take one.
  5. Cut-Rite2

Here's a pic of my new Z and the 2 other toys I got this week....Dodge Dakota SLT Quad Cab and larger trailer.