Good price on Lazer Z CT??

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by bderks, Oct 11, 2004.

1. bderks

bderks LawnSite Member

I just bought a new house that has about a 1 acre lawn, so I am now in the market for a ZTR mower. The first mower I looked at was a new Toro Timecutter, which looked pretty good. But today I stopped by a local Exmark dealer who took me out and did a side by side comparison between the Toro and Lazer Z CT. Wow, I must say I was very impressed with the build quality of the Exmark compared to the Toro. The dealer quoted me a price of $4999 on a 2004 CT with the 19hp Kawasaki/48" deck, and $5499 for the 52" deck. Does this sound about right to you guys?

Also, since I probably won't actually need the mower until next spring, is there a chance that prices will go down during the winter months and/or due to the fact that new 2005 models are coming out?

Thanks for any advice - this site has been a great help so far!

Cheers,
    Brandon

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Brb,

MSRP on the 19/44 in 04 was $5799 and $5999 for the 52". You can expect a $200 increase for 05.

Thanks

Terry

3. bderks

bderks LawnSite Member

One more question Terry - what is the MSRP for the mulching attachment and the striper for each? Thanks.

Cheers,
    Brandon

4. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

Bderks,

For the Mulch kit you can plan on around $149 and the striper $279.

Thanks

Terry

5. rockstate

rockstate LawnSite Member

Im assuming you went to Blue Valley Tractor, they will take good care of you out there thats where i buy all my exmark parts and i will buy my next exmark mower there in the spring. ask for Ralph he is a good guy

6. bderks

bderks LawnSite Member

Rockstate - yep, Ralph is the guy I talked to. He seemed to be a good fella, very knowledgable about the equipment and not pushy at all.

I've definitely decided to go with the CT, but now I am torn between the 48" and the 52" decks. Will the 52 give me better trimming ability than the 48? Any other real benefits to the 52" deck? Also, is the mulching kit worth getting?