Good price on VRide?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 22, 2013.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Got a price of $6,700 + tax on current year 52" VRide with Kaw 730FX engine. Brand new. Decent deal?

2. djagusch

djagusch LawnSite Platinum Member
    from MN

Yes
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

That's what I paid
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. MTenterprises

MTenterprises LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, sounds like fleet price I was quoted on a new one. However, I bought a 2010 with 118 hours for $5500 :walking:

5. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

I paid $6400 for same mower last year so yes it's a good price and you will like the V-Ride. I have found prices on the same mower vary considerably from dealer to dealer, even in the same area. I called one about a 52" TT with 29 efi kohler and they quoted $10,500. Called another for same mower and got it for almost 2k less.

6. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

OK thanks guys.

7. KnK

KnK LawnSite Member

Are these quotes on '12s or '13s ? , my dealer quoted me 7100 on the 48, and 7300 on the 52 ? that was for "13s

8. Rvldesign

Rvldesign LawnSite Member

I paid 6750 I believe roughly plus tax for my 52" 2013
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Blade Runners

Blade Runners LawnSite Bronze Member

Check around, they can be found for less than that. I never stick with 1 dealer only. The dealer that I bought my v-ride from gave me a very good price last year vs 4 other dealers.One of the 4 said they couldn't even sell at the price I was quoted because it was less than dealer cost, which was bull. This was during the 20% off deal from Scag. When I questioned them, some were pricing above MSRP then subtracting 20%. Some dealers think we are stupid or they are just plain greedy and refuse to budge on prices so I go elsewhere. I have no problem driving an hour or so to save some money. I do have a local dealer that I stick with for service and they have done an excellent job.

10. Dwilliams239

Dwilliams239 LawnSite Member

Looking to get either a 48" or 52" v-ride depending on the price difference before the fleet pricing runs out at the end of the month. What should I expect as a good price for it? Wanting to get the mulching deck system with it as well. The reason I ask is that I went into my local dealer in February to look at them and I seem to remember him wanting 8k+ for it with the fleet pricing.... No where near the numbers in this thread haha.

Thanks,
    Danny