Good price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DixieFerris, Dec 19, 2005.

1. DixieFerris

DixieFerris LawnSite Senior Member

We thought so and bought it on Saturday since our accountant said "get rid of some money if you don't want to pay a ton of taxes"...
    2005 Dixie Chopper LT Silver Eagle, 50" deck, 27 HP Generac motor (they ran out of 24 HP motors in the fall), gel seat and all, $6,000.00. We now have the option of buying another 60" with 27HP motor (the exact mower we've had for 2 years) for $7,299 if we want it prior to year end. That would be our 4th zero turn (have 2 walkbehinds already)...so what do you guys think, good pricing?

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Is that 27/60 for $7300 a Silver Eagle or a Coatesville Classic?

That was a pretty good deal you got on that 50" silver eagle.

3. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Damn I wish I got those prices around here.

A Dixie like that would easily go for $9,500-10,000 in my area.

I got a 19hp 44'' for $7400 in march :cry:

4. qualitylawnmanagement

qualitylawnmanagement LawnSite Bronze Member

Get a flat-lander or above if you want it to last you a couple season. Spend the extra cash and get the machine that you want. They offer a no payment plan for six months and just pay the machine off in six months.

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

I dont understand what is so good about dixie choppers. Little bit faster ground speed but you cant cut at 15 mph anyway...I forget but which versions are commercial and which are homeowner machines?

6. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

You don't see many here ever1 runs scag.

7. qualitylawnmanagement

A flat-lander is the entry-level for the commercial people. A silver eagle was designed for a home owner with and acra or two that would be mowed once a week. it was never maid to cut day in day out.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Then why would Turf south feature a silver eagle series in there mag if it wern't commercial?

9. qualitylawnmanagement

I'm not saying they can't be used commercialy, Thats just what my dealer told me When i bought mine. Nothing wrong with an silver eagle, I just wouldn't take mine out on somethings I go though everyday.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Mine never tells me to buy more equipment...rather dump more into my retirement account.