Good Price?

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by PlatinumLandCon, Oct 22, 2007.

1. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

You guys are going to LOVE this. I'm driving to school today and I see 7(!!!!) trucks down the street doing some interlock work. There was 2 big dumps, f-550, tractor-trailer flatbed 1/8 filled with block, GMC safari van, 2 pick-ups.

Now the best part, look at their sq. ft price.....

HAHAHAAHHAHA!!!

sorry, that was when I was doing 30mph using my cell camera.

Image043.jpg

2. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

you know, I'm not sure why so many people are so surprised by this type of approach to ICP. Exactly what some of these companies are trying to do is create an alternative market, that is cost justifiable, compared to asphalt or concrete paving of residential roadways. I'm not saying I condone it. On the other hand, if I could make ICP close to, if not the same price as asphalt, I would be very rich. Just think how poor the industry would be if the going rate was $3.90 a sq! I had a quote to have my driveway paved the other day and it was $1.50 per square.

3. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

For what? I mean......Uhhh.........Ummm..........forget it it's not worth the time!

4. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Wait a minute!... hold your horses.. Thats CANADIAN prices. What does that convert to in US currency? :hammerhead:

5. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok never mind.. I couldn't wait... but anyway.. according to Yahoo's currency converter... $3.90 CAD = $4.00 USD! :laugh:

6. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

$3.90 per sq ft plus materials is not so bad. think about it. if you do strictly labor to lay paver, not excavate, not install base. just laying pavers, $3.90 is a doable #. If you do 500 sq ft a day you are putting $1950 a day in the bank. pay your crew and overhead and you are still ahead of the game. the idea is to get BIG volume so you are doing 500sq ft everyday like a production line. you have a crew that comes in and excavates and installs base. then the instal crew comes in, sets lines, screeds sand and installs the pavers. if you can get it going like that, you would be doing very well at $3.90 per sq ft.

7. PlatinumLandCon

No no no. Its $3.90 ALL-IN!!! The only extra cost is removal of asphalt/concrete if the site isn't just dirt.

8. STL Ponds and Waterfalls

STL Ponds and Waterfalls LawnSite Bronze Member

Are they using reclaimed bricks and sand for the base with topsoil restraints? It cost me about $1.90sqft (before tax) for a basic holland stone. That leaves them $2.00 for base, sand, edge restraint, joint sand, and overhead.:dizzy: :dizzy:

I guess they don't need to make a profit.

9. PlatinumLandCon

They use a cheaper version of Holland Stone. Its about $1.35sqft for me (small volume). They most likely get it for about $1.25.

Honestly, I don't know how much they make but they had LOTS of equipment on site. I'm not sure how many driveways they're doing because its possible they're doing multiple projects at once.

10. cedarcroft

cedarcroft LawnSite Senior Member

Thats silly. i didn't realize that $3.90 was an all in price. how the f**k can anyone do that??