good price?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by precisionlawn, Jan 22, 2003.

1. precisionlawn

precisionlawn LawnSite Senior Member

Gravley walk behind mower with single wheel sulky. Model#988059 ser. #000695 15 hp Kawasaki engine recoil start 48" cut fixed deck 5 speed transmission w/reverse Made to cut app. 3 acres per hour. Condition is excellent 300 hours.
    i dont wanna say the price i can get it for but tell me what you think its worth

i-1.jpg

2. Lawn-Scapes

Lawn-Scapes LawnSite Silver Member

I have that same machine (with sulky) in the same exact condition sitting in my shed collecting dust.

To me it's worthless ;)

$900?

3. Lawn-Scapes

BTW.. I can also assure you that you will not be cutting 3 acres per hour with it :p

4. precisionlawn

Im not selling it i dont even have it, but why is it worthless, is it a junk mower its for my first season and i need a mower is that a good mower? and the price is under $900

5. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Why do you still have it then? If it's a POS, why not sell it? BTW, I agree...3 acres per hour is exaggerating.

6. Lawn-Scapes

Just haven't gotton around to it? It's actually a back-up.

Why.. you wanna buy it? ;)

7. precisionlawn

possibly not for $900 though contact me about it!

8. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Nope, way too small for us and I only buy hydros. Thanks anyway.

9. goodbeus

goodbeus LawnSite Senior Member

less than $900..I'd snatch it if I had the money to spare, even if it was only a back-up or used to start off another crew...I priced a Toro a few years ago with the same set-up, and it was $4000.00.

10. Lawn-Scapes

Let me clarify.. I was being a little obnoxious. It's not that bad of a machine. I cut rather large lawns and grew tired of it quickly.. it did not cut high enough for me and I went through many, many deck belts.

If you can pick one up for $1000 or less.. do it.