1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good Reading?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by sweetland, Jan 12, 2012.

1. sweetland

sweetland LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone know of some good landscaping or lawn maintenance books out there? Always like to brush up on material and there are a lot out there but I'm just curious which ones are good.
    Thanks for the help

2. ralph02813

ralph02813 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hey, check out amazon.com, that have a nice selection on general business and lawn and lanscape, if you have a kindle they are cheaper and you can now even use you kindle for library load.

3. andyslawncare

andyslawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i agree-- amazon... I'm shopping for some reference as we speak. Good selection.

4. TriCityLawnCareLLC

TriCityLawnCareLLC LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ohio

A Category of One, it's a great book about business in general and how to set yourself apart from the competition
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. Ticolawnllc

Ticolawnllc LawnSite Senior Member
    from Wall NJ

There is a ling on this site that has good stuff. I would recommend The Ortho Home Gardener's problem solver. It's like the $500 one just cheaper.
    I also use a Scott’s book that is very easy for customers to understand and cheap. If someone bugs me I tell them the book name and suggest it’s a great way for home owners to learn how to care for their lawns right.

Amazon is where I got all my stuff. If you take any training classes look at what the teacher is using and find it on Amazon.

6. agrostis

agrostis LawnSite Silver Member