Good residentual ztr for occasional use?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by QualityLawnCare4u, Jun 28, 2005.

1. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I know this has been beat to death but after searching for awhile still did not find the answer I was looking for. I am thinking about cutting my lazer lose :cry: and Im trying to find a residentual ztr for about 2 hours of use a week with a bagger. I looked at the ariens zoom 1534 and it looked flimsy to me. Was 2,099 bucks. I looked at the cub cadet but they only had a 50 inch deck but it looked much better built. I will not even look at a Toro because the dealer is so horrible. Looked at the Jazee but it was $$$. Did not see positive post about the husqy on here. I need one with a 34-38 inch deck to get thru gates with. Not one dealer in my area carries walk behinds, they are not popular here. I have enjoyed the QDS bagger on this lazer, it is nice not having to get off the mower to empty. I really hate to sell my z as I have been getting at least one or two one time yards lately and everyone wanted it bagged but Im having to scale down bigtime. Run my Tundra on ebay and came close to reserve but not close enough. I know everyone says "commercial" and I agree but this is not an option as I still have my 737 as my main mower but will still need another mower for the once in awhile bagging and gates. Thanks for any opinions.

2. Updog

Updog LawnSite Member

I beleive walker just put out a light use mower.

3. QualityLawnCare4u

Have not seen that one, as far as I know there are no walker dealers in my area anymore. There was one and he now sells DC.

4. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

isn't 5 pt in blackshear a walker dealer, or are they just selling left-over stock?

5. QualityLawnCare4u

OMG, another LCO from Blackshear!! :D Wecome, nmurph. Now if you come on here and talk about how great our area is and you are getting rich Im going to have to have lunch with you (or call you a lier) :D If 5pts. is a Walker dealer I did not know it. To be honest I dont go in their hardly ever. Last time I stopped in their to demo a Ferris the owner acted like he hated to even wait on me and kept looking at his watch. The mower ran out of gas and he yelled at me "what did you do to the mower" I told him I thought it was out of gas and he said no its not. He then looked and said "well I guess it is". Needless to say, I was not impressed. I think the guys name was Mike. Heeyyy, you aint the LCO who is going around taking my 35-40 lawns for 15-20 are you? :realmad: Hey, Ill send you a PM and you can buy lunch sometime payup

6. QualityLawnCare4u

Well, I think the rain has stopped long enough for me to load the trailor and get my butt off LS.

7. QualityLawnCare4u

Well, I spoke to soon, the rain is back again. :angry:

8. gotgreen?

gotgreen? LawnSite Member

9. QualityLawnCare4u

No I have not looked at any of those. We did have a hardware store that sold Hustler but have not seen any sitting out lately. I think the prices Ive seen on here though were in the 4s for even one of their res. mowers.

10. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

hey quality, i'm not eating your lunch. i'm just a really serious homeowner who also happens to be in the pinestraw supply biz. i bought a mini fasttrak (17/42). i couldn't be happier. i looked at 5 pts snapper ztr's, dixons, country clipper, exmark, husq, and cub cadets. i don't think you would be unhappy with a hustler. nothing else came close for the money(welded deck, kohler motor, 18k+ blade speed, better warranty(for the homeowner anyway), great factory support). all were either cheaply built or significantly more$$$$$ than the hustler. i know some people knock the IZT motors. for me they are fine and might be ok for parttime use by you. they do offer a commercial warranty on the mini- fasttrak. the hardware store that you referred to does sell hustlers, but he was about $300 higher than where i bought near jax. it was a good reason to take a half day off work. if you want to see it in action, call me. 912 338 5251. hell, call me anyway, i could use a reason to go eat.
    5 pts does have walkers on the lot.