Good Security

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by ZKSLAWN, Nov 17, 2009.

1. ZKSLAWN

ZKSLAWN LawnSite Senior Member

anyone have any good ideas for a good way to make sure nothing gets stolen.. i don't have the funds to get the enclosed trailer just yet. my buddy who lives a street over just got his motorcycle stolen out of his garage.. so im not taking any chances

2. chainsaw-boy

chainsaw-boy LawnSite Member

I would get a heavy duty chain and run it through all the equipment. I use a pretty good sized chain and wrap everything. Here in Cali, you can trust no one. My friends brother (who had done some work for me) walked off with my mower three years ago. I got it back though.:clapping:

3. Jake99

Jake99 LawnSite Member

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

i have my trailer locked in my garage and theres a lock on the trailer as well

5. Cummins343

Cummins343 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Kansas

Yea, go out and buy a Saiga 12ga shotgun.

6. cmlandscapeconstruction

cmlandscapeconstruction LawnSite Member

first get the equipment inside or out of sight. second high powered motion lights, these should activate long before anyone gets anywhere near your equipment( also must activate prepositioned color video audio cameras with night capabilites! third attach a train horn to a second set of motion detectors that goes off only when something comes within feet of the equipment.now the fun part get a male boxer train him to bark one time at your feet prior to the first set of motion detectors go off,give him a onguard command. get up grab the franchi loaded with salt shot. your boxer should go on guard he will not bark and will allow anyone to enter property but not leave.remember the audio video cameras are on so call P.D and only shoot the low life mother f--kers if you have to. either the dog gets at least one of them and the cameras the rest or they are all aprehended. in case you are forced to shoot you've got a potentially less than lethal load so it looks like you cared enough that you were not trying to kill them.any way that it pans out these scum bags will not be attempting this again. In my particular case i have also put up posted signs and replaced the salt for magnum loads. so your either leaving my property in an ambulance do to dog bite, or in a squad car cuffed, or the coroners van! doesn't matter to me i have constitutional rights and i intend on using them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Jake99

Jake99 LawnSite Member

All dat **** sounds so good. Can I watch? I have mine loaded wid 12 gauge slugs. have the ar15 with 30 rounds of hollow points. The other 2 clips are regular stuff. The 45 has extreme shok. The 300 wsm only has 4 in it and but they are in it and itchy with winchesters in the black premium box. My motions only tell me wid no lights. I have 2 databases coming online in jan. One will be like a newspaper front end with forum/blog/photogallery dedicated to just victims of missing stuff. Will operate nationally and regionally.
    www.MeFindit.com and www.MeFinditnews.com jake

8. cmlandscapeconstruction

cmlandscapeconstruction LawnSite Member

jake thats alot of amo do you normally hit what you shoot at? just kiddin

9. MarcSmith

MarcSmith LawnSite Fanatic

I'd vote against the chains and go with a rubber coated cables...much easier to get through all the parts and less chance of it damaging your equipment. most bolt cutters wont cut steel cables as easily as they cut chain. if you go with chain stay away from round chain and go with square. again much harder for bolt cutters to cut.

Lock and chains keep honest people honest. if someone really wants your stuff they will get it... if you can I would also consider some sort of eye bolt/anchor in the the concrete drive so you can lock the entire trailer down as well...

10. Jake99

Jake99 LawnSite Member

Well dunno. Never had the pleasure of unloading on a big target like a thief. Might be chicken. Would make nice trophy. Be proud of myself for sure.

--jake