1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

good set of hedge trimmers?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B&B LAWN, Jul 24, 2003.

1. B&B LAWN

B&B LAWN LawnSite Senior Member

im looking to buy a pair of hedge trimmers under $300. what kinds do you guys prefer
  2. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

i use echo150 cost me like 249 at home depot
  3. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

:) I use Redmax but i don't know if they make any under the 300 dollar range, but they are great, also its nice to have the pivot handel, comes in real handy........Wouldn't hurt to check Redmax or Shindaiwa out there tops IMPO....Marks Mowing Service
  4. GLAN

GLAN Banned

There was or is a line called TMC. Kawasaki motors.

Best, and I mean the best hedge clippers on the market. Cut right through a 3 inch branch.

Fastest blade speed of any machine in production. Most balanced machine you ever had in your hands.

Well, now we use Redmax. The TMC distributor sucks. The machines if you find any sell for nearly $600.

Redmax is nice hedge trimmer. Quieter, a bit slower blade speed than the TMC, faster than I saw an Echo. The blades hold their edge a while. Runs problem free.

Around $300
  5. UNder $300

hedge trimmer.jpg
  6. MowingisMaddness

MowingisMaddness LawnSite Senior Member

what's the model of the Redmax hedge trimmer you keep posting? is it the CHT 2300?