1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Good software for making Flyers

Discussion in 'CLIP Software' started by jphag, Feb 1, 2005.

1. jphag

jphag LawnSite Member

I need some ideas for making flyers.
  2. Lawnchoice

Lawnchoice LawnSite Senior Member

Microsoft Office Publisher 03
  3. Hamons

Hamons LawnSite Senior Member

My favorite software for making flyers is Microsoft Outlook.

I e-mail my graphics guy and he e-mails it back to me.
  4. MudslinginFX4

MudslinginFX4 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like Lawnchoice and many others on here, when making them myself I use microsoft publisher. It can be a little expensive but if you are going to design professional looking flyers yourself then it is worth every penny. I do agree with Hammons though, if the money permits you can get great results having someone else do them!
  5. Carolina Cutter

Carolina Cutter LawnSite Senior Member

6. DesignSage

DesignSage LawnSite Member
    from NY

If you are planning on having your poster printed by a professional, it would be better to have them design it, this way they will use the correct program. Publisher, Word, Powerpoint, etc....these programs are not intended for sending to a printer, they only give the printer headaches. The preferred choice of layout programs would be Quark, InDesign, Pagemaker; Illustration programs for creating a design for your poster would be Illustrator, Freehand or Photoshop. These are professional programs and most printers and designers have them and they make the difference in any design, the rest are just not worth the $. If you are printing the posters yourself, then you really can get along with something like Word, Publisher...they won't cause you any problems printing from your own printer. Though, you still have limitations in design elements...just to give you some insight from a designer and prepress manager.

SHOWCASE LAWNS LLC LawnSite Member

I Use Coreldraw 11 . In My Opinion Is One Of The Best Graphics Software Out There Period!!! I Can Do Full Color,b&w You Name It This Does It ! It Takes A While To Learn But Once You Learn It You Can Do Biz Cards Truck Signs ,site Signs Biz Letters Its Almost Endless.
  8. leadarrows

leadarrows LawnSite Senior Member
    from N/A