1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Good source for comparing equipment pricing and specs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by alldayrj, Jun 6, 2013.

1. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Trying to wrap my head around the track loader market and every manufacturer has their own numbering and rating system and changes them every year. Plus I have yet to find a KBB for equip. Leaning towards a Takeuchi or gehl made by tak but I want to see side by side how they stack up next to other manufacturers. Currently I'm trying to google each separate machine but you know everything on the Internet isn't true.

Thanks for any help.

2. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Really need to go by machine weight and HP. Depending on how new you can get a good machine from most any manufacturer.

3. alldayrj

I really like the tak 230 series two. I just need to get used to pilot controls and swallow the 50k price tag. Honestly $$$ wise I should smarten up and just put vts on my gehl. It only has 750 hrs. And they would only give me 10k for it.

I was really looking for a database that says a bobcat 190 is comparable to the cat ___ and tak ___ but the tak can lift more and and the bobcat is lighter etc. similar to car shopping. The f250 is heavier and longer than the gmc 2500 but the gmc has IFS etc. check off different options and it spits out a ballpark price.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

I'm working on building a website for that
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. alldayrj

Ill test it for you. I thought finding and comparing medium duty trucks was tough. This is impossible.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

It will e similar to 6speedonline. It will have latest news, a forum, etc

All heavy equipment will be covered eventually
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

There is probably a good market for that. All the trade magazines are scared to actually review and compare because they depend on the manufacture add dollars (understandably) but as a buyer myself I feel we all would be served by something more like car and driver for equipment.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. alldayrj

four wheeler always did the pickup truck of the year, i think they need to man up and do it

9. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

Lifting ability is relative too loader arm design. I personally feel that the 230 size machine as well as the 190, smaller cats etc are more of a landscaping finishing machine and will always be lacking in the lift department. You have too step up too the Tak 240 bigger Bobcats and Cat machine too get a machine deisgn for lifting and heavy grading.

10. alldayrj

All I need to lift is a skid of pavers on and off a truck. My gehl will do it with a guy standing on the back and it weighs 7500 lbs. the tak 230 is 8500 but the only way to know is to get a demo