Good source for comparing equipment pricing and specs?

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by alldayrj, Jun 6, 2013.

1. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

I hope you were not saying a guy standing on the back of the skid steer...
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

I've seen almost everyone in the area use that method...

RJ, the Mustang MTL16 I had could lift the same as the Case/VTS. Not sure how but it did it. Look for a Gehl colored TK, I think they are priced cheaper and the older(like the original TL230 series) ones have a lower emissions package with I think is better. Even the TL120/220 would lift a 2500# pallet off the truck.

3. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

Shh don't tell.

My gehl/tak dealer said the yellow taks are great but the new gehls they are building themselves. They didn't even have the new ones on the lot since they don't like them. Just taks.

What models/years gehl am I looking for ?

4. stuvecorp

stuvecorp LawnSite Fanatic

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but thought 08 and down was a different emission package?

5. AWJ Services

AWJ Services LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Ga

6. david bailey

david bailey LawnSite Member

I traded my tak 130 up to a 140. I use it mostly around swimming pool jobsites and the other subs will rent it from me when they are diging the pool or doing the hardscape. The 140 has plenty of lift power and I mostly traded up to be able to load full size dump trucks and move more material. The tak is a tough machine and rides like a bulldozer but the cab is very roomy and comfortable(mine has a/c) and is very easy to see out of(I'm a big dude,bobcats are real hard for me to see out of) and it's been a durable machine. I believe mine is an 09 or 08 model with the Isuzu engine.

7. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

The dirt mags every year have an edition that covers all machine categories and specs. I will look and see if I have one laying around. You can also go to OEM websites, CASE has a good one that compares machine specs.

8. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

That is the problem with Gehl, decent running machines but they have no resale value.

9. alldayrj

alldayrj LawnSite Gold Member

I didn't buy it for resale, truthfully i don't want to get rid of it at all.
    Whats a good magazine to look into? I need something new to read
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

You would prolly like Grading and Excavation mag.
    Posted via Mobile Device